The idea originated from an avid blogger(Squeaks)who decided to start a cooperate fast on the blog world for the 16 year old. So, to get together with all our Christian Brothers and Sisters we will begin a fast from the 15 of October to November 15 or release. If you feel pressed to join this fast then you are free to but once you do join it you have to remember not to break your fast until her release.
Joining this force doesn’t require much: simply your honest prayers and fasting. Fasting? Yes, fasting! Now don’t look at me like that…let me explain. Some of you are under the age of 17 and are still growing like weeds. Biblical fasting has always been going without food for certain periods of time, but because you’re growing it probably isn’t safe for you to go without food (you’ll have to talk with your parents). So, if you want to join in the fasting, all you have to do is give up something that is important to you. For most people, food is something that is important to them (ok, it’s important to all of us). When we get hungry and we’re fasting, we feel the tummy pains and are reminded to pray to God. So that’s why it’s important to choose to give up something that’s important to you while you fast; something that you think of often and, in its absence, you’ll be reminded to pray to God. Here are some of my own suggestions:
· 1 meal a week/day (for older teens, you can give up lunch for one day a week or once a day)
· Fast food from 6pm till breakfast the next morning (that means no snacks, just drink water)
· Fast gaming devices (Wii, iTouch, gameboy, etc), junk food (chips, pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs, prepared foods)
· Fast words (this is a cool one); don’t speak for a certain time period each day (if you go to school, you can’t choose those hours, lol!). My suggestion would be to not speak from 5 or 6pm until the next morning.
· Fast books; many of you are readers and love your fiction; a good way to focus on prayer and healing for Emily would be to give up reading fictional books (not including books you’re required to read for school) for 1 month. Read the Bible and pray for Emily instead.
· Talk with your parents and discuss what you should fast. They might be able to come up with other creative ideas. If you’re under the age of 18 make sure that you talk with your parents before you begin to fast anything; they need to give you permission.
· If you’re over 18 or already done growing, pray about taking on the challenge of a full fast (no food at all; just fruit juice and nutritional liquids) for 1 month
So if you feel pressed to join this fast then please do because every prayer counts!
WHEN (not if) you fast , do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show men they are fasting. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 17But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, 18so that it will not be obvious to men that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
~Son of the King~